Monday, June 29, 2015

Black RD, Blue Apron: Preparation Tips


I had no I idea what to expect with my first try at cooking with Blue Apron. I cook a little. It’s usually simple things like fish and vegetables, spaghetti, baked chicken and sweet potatoes. I figured I was pretty prepared to be a Blue Apron chef. I was, but then I wasn’t. So here are some preparation tips that I think you should know before you begin this cooking experience:

1. There is a good amount of prep work. Foods are fresh, so you will have to chop up all of the vegetables and peel and possibly mince them. This leads me to…

2. You may need certain kitchen tools that the average person may not have. For example, I didn’t have a zester, or mortar and pestle, or a vegetable peeler. You can also do as I did and just improvise with what you’ve got at home.

3. You will be multitasking a lot. Try not to get too frustrated. The recipes call for you to do a couple of tasks at the same time. You may want to try cooking with your significant other, family or a friend.

4. Make sure you have enough small bowls, large pans and pots. Again, you will be multitasking, so you want to make sure you are prepared. I didn’t have the small glass bowls that are pictured on the recipes, so I just used Tupperware.

5. They expect for you to already have some ingredients. Olive oil, salt, and pepper are the items I have come across so far. Make sure you have these in your kitchen because they do not come in your Blue Apron package.


I hope this information has helped. I figured it was important to share this before posting the recipes. If you have any questions, please feel free to share them. Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment